Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tell the Story



Disaster threatened the Jewish community in the time of the Baal Shem Tov. he went up into the mountains, he lit a fire, said a prayer, meditated a proper meditation, and the disaster was averted. In the next generation, again disaster threatened.. A student of the Baal Shem Tov said "I don't know the meditation, but i know where the Baal Shem Tov lit the fire, and I know the prayer. this will have to be enough. He did this, and, indeed, disaster was averted. In the next generation, there was a gain the threat of disaster. A later student said "I don't know the prayer, but I know the place, and will light a fire". That was enough! In the next generation, again the same situation. A student said "I no longer know how to light the fire, but I will go to that place. Indeed, it was enough. In the next generation, a student said" I no longer know the place, but I will tell the story" Indeed, it was enough, and disaster was averted. We may not be Moses, David, Rabbi Akiva, the Baal Shem tov, or any of the great figures. But as long as we tell the story, receive and transmit the message, that will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment